OUR SERVICES – Care for Your Smile
Cosmetic Dentistry | Hi-Tech Dentistry | Smile Gallery
Preventive Care – Your smile and oral health is a reflection of your overall health. We recommend visiting your dentist at least every 6 months to maintain your smile. Seeing your dentist and dental hygienist regularly allows them to closely monitor your oral health. This may help limit the need for lengthy procedures and prevent tooth pain.
Periodontal (Gum)Therapy – Periodontal (gum) diseases, including gingivitis and periodontitis, are serious infections that, left untreated, can lead to tooth loss. Periodontal disease can affect one tooth or many teeth. The main cause of periodontal disease is bacterial plaque, a sticky, colorless film that constantly forms on your teeth. Often periodontal disease does not hurt until teeth are badly infected and loose.
The following is a list of warning signs of periodontal disease:
• Red, swollen gums that may or may not be painful.
• Spontaneously bleeding gums.
• Gums that bleed during brushing, flossing or eating.
• Gums that are pulling away from teeth, causing the teeth to appear “longer”.
• Loose or separating teeth
• Pus between your gums and teeth
• Sores in your mouth
• Persistent bad breath or bad taste in your mouth.
• A change in the way your bite feels.
• A change in the way a partial denture fits.
In order to detect periodontal disease, a careful exam of the bone and tissue around the teeth must be performed. This involves radiographs of each of your teeth and special measurements around each tooth. After a thorough exam is performed, Dr Connor will make recommendations for gum therapy.
Patient Registration Form
You may pre-register with our office by downloading and filling out our Patient Information Form. On your first visit to our office, just turn it in with your signature on it and we will begin your treatment.